CAREER OPPORTUNITIES — CURRENT VACANCIES
Telegram Co. is an established retailer & wholesaler of 30+ leading international stationery (eg. Moleskine, Lamy) and homewares brands (eg. Kinto, Serax, House Doctor) across Australia and New Zealand.
We are also Milligram.Studio and Milligram.com, a new retail concept with flagship store opening soon in Melbourne Central. Milligram is the evolution of the successful online store, Milligram.
The Design Manager will be responsible for driving forward the overall look and feel of our business.
Role Description• Assist in setting the artistic direction and visual tone of our brands (Telegram & Milligram).
• Work with the Director and the Product Development Manager to develop the concept and design of Milligram branded products and packaging.
• Work with the Marketing Manager to oversee the visual content for EDMs, websites and customer communications.
• Ensure all overall visual content for the Wholesale, Retail and Brand partners is developed and consistent with the visual tone of the business.
• Manage the graphic design team to ensure imagery and visual content is produced and delivered within required time frames and style guides.
• Provide creative and art direction in design and photo shoots.
The Successful Candidate• Able to produce strong typographic layouts in print and digital
• Work from sketch concept through development and execution
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team
• Confident in setting the style direction and then have the team work towards achieving consistency
• Trend forecasting – an eye for new design trends, open minded to try new ideas and think out of the box
• Negotiation and problem solving skills
• Passion for our brands and our categories generally
• Professional judgement and discretion that comes with experience in the field, a minimum of 5-10 years in a similar business
• Demonstrated ability to manage a team
• Have GREAT positive energy with a can do attitude
Please provide• CV
• Folio of recent work (no bigger than 10mb)
• Cover letter - but please review our brands (milligram.com & telegramco.com) to gain a better understanding of who we are as a business and the brands we represent.
Why you will love working with us
We're a small but growing business with a nine-year history, so you'll get to make a huge impact on the company as a whole. You will also be presented with a diverse and challenging range of tasks and experiences in the course of a normal day.
We offer a great work environment and our team is filled with talented, hard-working people. Although it is very fast-paced we also make time to relax and have fun. In addition, all staff qualify for significant discounts across our range of design stationery and homewares.
Our dog friendly office is based in Collingwood, Melbourne.
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and place "Application for Design Manager" in the subject line.
Telegram Co. employs talented, passionate people to support our wholesale and retail businesses in the design stationery and homewares categories. Our strategies are in place to continue building on our success in Australia and New Zealand, and we're now looking for a commercial, organised and experienced HR Advisor to join us on a part time basis.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a fun, creative and hardworking group of professionals in a role that you will own and will challenge you with its variety. As the business continues to grow rapidly, so will the scope and responsibility of the role. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic HR professional looking for an opportunity to develop their business partnering skills in a role that they can own and will grow with the business.
In this role you will provide HR services to the business. Based at the office in Collingwood, and also working at the warehouse in West Footscray, you will partner with the business to provide HR services and solutions in consultation with the group Head of HR. This will include IR/ER, WHS, recruitment, learning & organisational development, and remuneration. Experience within commercial, retail or wholesale environments would be an advantage. Your key internal stakeholders will be the managers and directors of the business and you will specifically be responsible for:
• Compliance with the Group's Work Health & Safety Management System
• Ensuring the accurate preparation of payroll
• Handling of on site IR/ER issues within an established framework
• End-to-end recruitment from advert to offer
• Pay and conditions compliance
The successful applicant must have:
• Experience in IR/ER and WHS
• Recruitment experience an advantage
• Learning and Organisational Development experience an advantage, but not essential
• Experience of payroll preparation and award compliance an advantage, but not essential
• Able to work autonomously as well as part of a broader HR team
• Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
• Hands-on approach
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience of working in a rapidly growing business would be an advantage
What's on offer:
• Competitive package including super
• Opportunity to work for a market leading retailer
• Lots of scope to make improvements to the business
About Telegram Co.
We represent the world's best paper goods and homewares, which are sought by a large and growing list of wholesale and retail customers around Australia and New Zealand. Founded in 2008 with a focus on design stationery, Telegram Co. is the market leader with exceptional brands from around the world represented
Send applications to email@example.com and place "Application for HR Advisor" in the subject line." For a confidential discussion about this role please call 0429 238 179.